Exscientia wants to make better drugs faster. We are the only company to have used AI to design drug molecules that are currently in clinical studies. Our aim is to save lives by getting drugs to market faster and more efficiently.
If that sounds like something you are interested in then join the Compound Selection team! At Exscientia our AI algorithms design millions of potential drugs. The job of the compound selection team is to pick the best drugs to actually make and test in real life. This allows us to get a drug from the idea stage into patients much faster.
You Will Have The Opportunity To:
- Own the development of new user-facing features and product experiences end-to-end
- Develop better ways for picking compounds and making it clear why those compounds would be best to make.
- Automate as many of our processes as possible.
- Talk to users to understand their problems and design solutions to address them
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of chemists, engineers, researchers, designers, and operations folks.
- Refining Al algorithms and active learning methods
- Work with distributed AWS cloud based systems with billions of data points
- The below is the sort of person we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t meet these requirements, not everyone will, but if it sounds like a good fit then get in touch.
- A masters degree with a focus on analytical skills (e.g. Engineering, Maths, Physics) - or other equivalent experience.
- Proficiency with a backend language (we use Python)
- Some experience with relational databases like Postgres/MySQL
- Interest in AI/ML (direct experience not required)
- Interest in Chemistry (direct experience not required)
- Have been an early-stage startup employee or even a startup founder.
- Have relevant engineering experience at tech and product-driven companies.
You’re probably a good match if you tick one or more of the following:
- Are self-directed and enjoy figuring out the most important problem to work on.
- Own problems end-to-end, and are willing to pick up whatever knowledge you're missing to get the job done.
- Ability to move fast in an environment where things are sometimes loosely defined and may have competing priorities or deadlines
- Enjoy fast paced work environment with tight feedback loops
- Work together to make a positive contribution to patients by revolutionising the pharmaceutical industry through AI-driven discovery.
- We will work with you to kick-start or further grow your career – from funding for professional development and conference attendance. To also ensuring you will have the opportunity to acquire valuable skills, work on problems that matter, and learn from world-class technical and scientific leaders.
- Opportunity to join an inclusive, collaborative and intellectually stimulating culture
- We will work with you to provide a highly competitive compensation as we continue to grow and thrive.
- Our teams health and well-being is important to us which is why we provide private healthcare, life assurance, wellbeing and mindfulness support.
- We offer a generous holiday allowance, provide flexible working and remote working to encourage all of our team to manage their own work, time and life.
- When you are in the office, you will have access to a kitchen stocked with an endless supply of food for all employees along with plenty of break out areas so you can get to know the people you are working with. Some of the best ideas start with a coffee break!
- Hear from our team why they enjoy working here Click here
Please mention that you come from RemoteJobs
when applying for this job.