We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our fast-growing team. You will be our first dedicated Data Engineer on an otherwise data savvy team. You will takeover existing deployments of BigQuery, PostgreSQL, Airbyte and the rest of the data infrastructure. This is a big role at a fast-growing startup, working on a team of highly-accomplished, yet humble people who are passionate about the mission of the company.
How you’ll add value at Contra:
- Exceptional knowledge of PostgreSQL and BigQuery.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Know enough Linux, Docker, Kubernetes and DBT to troubleshoot.
You’ll be successful here if you own
- Data pipelines
- Data transformation to meet Data Analyst needs
- Deployment of basic models (optimizing for performance)
The above describes the core ownership of this role. We are looking to you to be self-sufficient and initiate projects that push the company forward. We are looking for high-energy, high-capability, high-ambition individuals who are keen to advance their own knowledge and can demonstrate how their input advances business goals. lt will be your call to advise in how to grow our data engineering beyond what it is, whether it is Databricks, Spark, etc.
How Contra can add value for you:
- Remote-first culture
- Excellent health coverage
- Competitive salary + equity
- Very generous vacation policy + paid holidays off
- Flexible parental leave
- Team retreats in exotic locations
- No meetings on Wednesdays
- Half day every third Friday of the month
- Down to Earth Executive team
Our interview process
- Intro Call (15-30 minutes)
- Technical Assessment
- Interview #1 In Depth Technical Discussion Chat with Hiring Manager (45 minutes)
- Interview #2 Culture Interview
- Interview #3 Founder Interview
How to prepare for the interview?
- We are a mission driven company. Everyone working on Contra is deeply passionate about what we do. Research people, mission, funding, technology, [..] and have your reasons for wanting to join the organization. We get excited about people who recognize the impact that joining Contra can have in their lives, but don’t glamorize it – the reason we are successful is because we have a high density of effort, talent, ambition and compassion.
Please mention that you come from RemoteJobs
when applying for this job.