Smaato’s digital ad tech platform is a completely omnichannel, self-serve monetisation solution and ad server. Our controls make monetisation simple. Publishers can bring their first-party data and manage all inventory in one place. Marketers get access to the highest-quality inventory so they can reach audiences around the world and on any device. Smaato is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in Hamburg, New York City, Beijing and Singapore. Learn more at www.smaato.com
Smaato is looking for a SVP, Engineering leader to hire, coach and lead a strong team of cross-functional geographically distributed engineers to deliver features across a high-throughput, high complexity, distributed system. As the engineering leader at Smaato you will lead an agile cross-functional team that builds, deploys, maintains and enhances features and products across the entire suite of Smaato product lines, each of which are key to the long term success of the organisation.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with the Executive Leadership team to influence and execute against a long-term product roadmap.
- Drive the implementation of products and features across the engineering organization that meets the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
- Create an environment of engineering excellence centered on velocity, simplicity, frugality and innovation.
- Enable the engineering team to work at maximum efficiency and velocity to deliver products to market.
- Hire, coach, manage and retain a geographically distributed team with locations in the US, Europe, India and Southeast Asia.
- Be accountable for setting expectations and delivering against expectations when it comes to product and feature development, infrastructure and operational costs and hiring.
- Help drive architectural decisions and engineering best practices.
- Build cross-functional best practices with Product, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Legal and Operations to produce company-wide synergies and improvements.
- Connect people across teams and organizations to find solutions to problems.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering counterparts within the broader parent company to identify opportunities for synergies, common understanding, learning and support.
What We'll Need
- University Degree in a scientific discipline
- Ad Tech Industry experience is must.
- Expert at managing multiple cross-functional teams with multiple management layers
- Experience in a high-volume, low-latency, distributed transactional environment
- Strong engineering background, and not afraid to get involved in reading source code or testing features
- Experience in managing a multi-region AWS or GCP cloud environment
- Experience operating a metrics-driven environment, where decisions are made with data
- Experience working with highly technical customers, and supporting the Product and Sales teams in their engagement with customers
- Experience building and managing remote teams effectively
Please mention that you come from RemoteJobs
when applying for this job.