It’s important to find a company that values you for the dynamic, three-dimensional person that you are. Syncro empowers you to take ownership of your role and to work how you work best, but that’s only the beginning. We grow together in an environment enriched with fun, kindness, humility, creativity, and willingness to collaborate. We truly care about your well-being and support your passions. You will always feel like you belong at Syncro – all 360-degrees of you.
In this role, you will lead application security initiatives to drive the shift left of security in our SDLC. You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining tools, infrastructure, and education necessary for ensuring a secure systems development lifecycle as defined by the OWASP SAMM framework. This is a technical role requiring the ability to effectively work independently within a cross-functional and fully remote organization.
What you'll be doing:
- Own the overall application security program
- Establish consistent CI infrastructure across engineering teams
- Collaborate with engineering to design and enable security across the entire platform
- Define and support infrastructural observability, availability, and containerization stories alongside engineering teams
- Support and maintain security best practices within our infrastructure - automation, integration, continuous delivery
- Understand the needs of a high availability SaaS product
- Understand common security anti-patterns and help us avoid them
- Participate in platform and security roadmapping
- Educate engineering teams on safe and secure use of platform, infrastructure, tools, and process resources.
What we're looking for:
- Minimum 5 years of DevSecOps experience
- At least 10 years of software development experience with modern stacks such as: .Net, Rails, Python, or Java
- Experience with bug bounty triage
- Experience with IAC
- Demonstrated understanding of AWS architecture
- SAST/DAST/IAST tooling in a cloud environment
- Comfortable working remotely in a remote-first setting
- Familiar with cloud security principles
- Experience implementing CI pipelines
- You care -- which means sometimes putting yourself out there for a customer or a fellow colleague
- You are located in Canada or in the US
You might also have experience with:
- CI tooling such as Gitlab, TeamCity
- Infrastructure as code such as Terraform, CloudFormation
- Other cloud environments including Heroku or Azure
- Cloudflare network management tools
- Zero-Trust environments
What you can expect of us:
Remote first policy: We are the PIONEERS of “work from home” - remote work is all we have ever done and we do it well! Our team members are all over the globe working from home and striking an awesome balance in their lives!
Equity Appreciation Program: Syncro offers an equity program so everyone can benefit from the growth and success of the company
Unlimited PTO: With a 2-week annual minimum, Syncro wants you to take time when you need it.
401k Plan: A hassle-free plan with a 1.5% company match.
Health Insurance: Syncro covers 90% of premiums for you and your dependents. Plus our plans have extremely low deductibles and out-of-pocket costs that don't sacrifice great coverage for you or your family.
Parental Leave: Up to 6 weeks paid parental leave so you can focus on the new addition to your family
And more!: Ask us about our other benefits like Pet Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 100% employer paid Short Term Disability, and Ultra-Remote Work.
Who we are:
At Syncro, we are a highly creative and collaborative team crafting software applications to help small businesses be successful. Our software provides a platform for IT Professionals and Managed Service Providers to do job tracking and ticketing, SLA Management, invoicing, and integrations with tons of online tools. We are a different kind of startup — we know that making the lives of our customers easier and more fun is the way to build great long-term relationships while having fun creating and inventing along the way. We value people, creativity, trust, and diversity which inspires success and happiness in the lives of our employees and customers.
Syncro is a people-first company with both the internal team and clients. Externally, our software is built with an extreme level of interactivity with the user community. Internally, team development is prioritized through cross-training, career growth, internal promotions, and prioritization of team members’ growth over all else.
Syncro is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all employees can thrive and do their best work, free from discrimination and harassment.
Please mention that you come from RemoteJobs
when applying for this job.