Nearcut Front-end Developer Position
We are the industry leader in online booking and marketing software for barbers. Barbershops often don't have the capacity to attract business online and organise their time - on top of providing their barbering service. We provide booking and marketing software to enable business owners to easily take bookings online, manage their time and market to their customers.
About the Opportunity
We’re looking for a Front-end Developer with a passion for beautiful software to join us at Nearcut. You will join a small team dedicated to building impactful and maintainable software.
As a Front-end Developer, you will collaborate closely with our technical founder, two full stack developers and a designer. Your work will impact millions of customers and help us continue to expand across Europe. You will be responsible for ensuring that our product looks and feels amazing.
The business is built on Ruby on Rails, HTML, SCSS, JQuery and JS. We will soon start using Stimulus. We do not use Node, Angular or any other front-end frameworks.
- You have experience doing front-end coding and are able to independently implement Hi-Fi designs
- You have multiple years of experience with HTML, SCSS, JQuery and Vanilla JS
- You have an eye for design and are comfortable using Figma and other design software
- You have implemented multiple landing pages from scratch (please share links to these on the application form)
- You enjoy learning new skills and tackling different technical challenges
- You have a passion for building software
- You have experience working in startups
- You can be available for some core hours in the European time zone
- Any experience with Ruby on Rails is a bonus
- Work alongside the development team throughout the fast-paced development cycle to implement designs into the front end in HTML/CSS/JS
- Find weaknesses in the product and work with our designer to design & implement improvements on an ongoing basis
- Investigate customer UX/UI problems and implement fixes to resolve any recurring problems that customers/staff face
- Iterate and tailor your work based on client feedback
Benefits of our working environment
Remote-first: We are a remote-first company without an in person office. We trust our employees to work flexibility and autonomously to efficiently meet business goals.
Flexible working hours: Aside from regular team meetings and availability during core hours, we are happy for you to complete your work whenever you’re most productive.
Close team: Although we work remotely, our team is close knit and colleagues are always there to help one another.
Customer feedback: Our customers are small business owners and we are privileged to work closely with them to continue to improve our product.
Bootstrapped: We have never raised external capital. We have no distractions from past or future investors. We're entirely focused helping our customers and we're taking our time to grow sustainably.
Holidays: We provide 25 holiday days per year, in addition to Berlin region public holidays.
We’re a small team and we’re passionate about being a great company to work with and work for.
Please mention that you come from RemoteJobs
when applying for this job.