At Nylas, our mission is to empower the world to communicate with context and insight. Our hosted sync platform and APIs enable developers to quickly integrate their apps with email, contacts, and calendar across all providers (including Exchange).
We are changing the way companies and developers innovate with e-mail and messaging. Customers like Pipedrive, Hyundai, and Lever use our cloud messaging APIs to power their products and accelerate their ability to innovate.
Nylas has raised over $55M from ScaleUP, Spark Capital, 8VC, Round13, and more. We have offices in San Francisco, Denver, and New York, and Toronto as well as many teammates working permanently from their homes in US, Canada, and Europe.
Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably, Great Place to Work, and read our Employee Handbook!
About The Role
Do you love digging into the nitty-gritty of weird issues? Enjoy explaining the intricacies of the system to customers without revealing too much of the sausage? Delight in documenting the precise code and actions that generate unexpected behavior? This Senior Support Engineer role might be for you!
In addition to acting as a frontline Nylas support engineer, responding to customer concerns and handling situations that need further investigation, you will participate in the escalations process by:
- Reviewing incoming reports from your fellow team members (and from yourself, when you're busy in the queue but still need to note an issue for later investigation).
- Working with the team to collect any additional information needed from the customer and user.
- Performing additional investigation using internal tooling (for example, Kibana, Honeycomb, and other monitoring systems) to gather data and discern patterns and possible triggers for the issue, including the relevant code when possible.
- Creating reproduction environments and reproducing issues in order to share steps to reproduce, whenever feasible, using systems and tools such as G Suite, Microsoft Online, and Postman.
- Determining possible workarounds and communicating them to the reporting Support Engineer.
- Assessing the impact of the issue as characterized.
- Documenting your work and communicating with the Escalations Lead regarding next steps for investigation or escalation.
As part of these responsibilities, you will also have increased opportunity to:
- Share debugging tips, tricks, and test accounts/environments with other support engineers
- Identify concerning trends in incoming issues and share them with the Escalations lead
- Submit suggestions or patches for improving support tooling
- Contribute to the growth and evolution of Escalations
- Submit fixes to the codebase
- You've provided technical product support (preferably for SaaS) for 2+ years or held a senior technical support role
- You have in-depth experience reproducing and debugging complex technical issues, troubleshooting bugs, and communicating successfully about your results with both customers and engineers
- You've used APIs extensively to query data and/or build applications
- You can thrive in a fast-paced environment with lots of autonomy
- You are detail-oriented and have great verbal and written communication skills
- You have deep empathy towards technical and non-technical users
- You love solving puzzles and learning new tools and approaches to do so
BONUS POINTS if:
- you have experience working with major communications provider APIs (email, phone, text, etc.)
- you have experience with email server administration (e.g. Microsoft, Google, IMAP, etc.)
The Values That Guide The Nylas Customer Success Team
- Empathy - We care about our users and want them to be successful using Nylas
- Alignment - We foster collaboration across all teams at Nylas in order to deliver new solutions and ensure the ongoing reliability of our existing products.
- Curiosity - We understand how customers are using Nylas APIs and what we can do to ease adoption, implementation, and use.
- Gratitude - For every customer who reaches out with feedback there are often many others who don't. The time our customers take to reach out to us about a bug or a product improvement is gift.
- Promptness- We aim to provide prompt and thorough answers to all users and reduce information asymmetry.
- Proactivity - Customer support at Nylas isn't just about being responsive to tickets. Time out of the queue working on other projects is an important part of improving the customer and company experience.
- Competitive Pay
- Meaningful Equity
- The chance to work with a diverse set of customers
- The opportunity to join us in building a new category of business
- Collaborative, transparent and fun loving team culture
- Medical, Vision, and Dental benefits for you and your family (including One Medical membership)
- 401k, FSA, HSA, Commuter benefits
- $1k yearly Education & Development benefit
- $100 monthly Health & Wellness benefit
- Catered lunch & snacks
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited vacation (mandatory 2 week consecutive vacation once per year)
- 12 weeks fully paid caregiver leave
- Flexible work hours
Nylas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and diversity of all kinds is important to us.
Our team is roughly equal by identified gender (including engineering) and focuses on creating an inclusive environment for all people. We welcome people from all different backgrounds and currently employ startup founders, college graduates from all over the country and the world, coding academy graduates and those with no degrees at all.
We are actively and regularly working with the entire team to shape our culture in a conscious way to our ideal of empowerment, transparency, and kindness.
Please mention that you come from RemoteJobs
when applying for this job.