Articulate is looking for a Platform Engineer to join our amazing team. We’re makers. We build performant systems and delightful infrastructure that empower Articulate engineering teams to move quickly, safely, and reliably.
We’re looking for someone to join our globally distributed Platform Engineering team (currently spanning five time zones) who thrives in an environment of freedom and can work largely self-directed from the comfort of their home.
What you'll do:
- You'll work with a distributed team to make technical decisions that move the business forward, following established best practices or charting new paths when needed. When there is a need to diverge from an existing pattern, it is done so with good reason, logic, and data, as well as with the buy-in from your team to ensure we’re all rowing in the same direction.
- You’ll be responsible for making effective use of your time. We don’t care about butts in seats, but we do care about quality work.
- You’ll be responsible for building tools and infrastructure that address near-term needs while also considering the longer-term view of how your work fits into the company’s overall goals.
- You’ll create solutions that are as clear as possible, built with empathy for the future engineers who will pick up your code, and for current team members who will be immediately affected by your changes.
- Work quality should be tested and evaluated such that it does not cause noise or distress for other team members or teams (pager alerts, excessive Slack notification noise, broken automations, etc.)
- Collaborating with engineers across many teams, further developing a healthy and empathetic engineering culture
What you should have:
- You have a growth mindset and a deep passion for continuous learning.
- You’re comfortable making your way in and around Linux, Docker, Kubernetes and AWS environments.
- You are proficient in using Terraform to manage infrastructure.
- You have a technical understanding of developing and/or delivering applications written for containerized architecture (Kubernetes, Helm, Docker).
- You have a technical understanding of AWS cloud-based architectures such as AWS’s serverless technologies and load balancing options (Lambda, API Gateway, ALB, ELB, NLB, etc).
- You’re skilled in the art of troubleshooting systems and can grasp both the problem at hand and the historical context of it. You also make smart decisions about how to move forward on a problem and make the system better and more reliable for your team.
- You are able to identify reliability risks associated with your changes and how to reduce those risks to maintain reliability for our customers.
- When you get stuck, as we all do from time to time, you are able to reach out to your team for help, showing that you understand the problem space and have already explored options to resolve it.
- You can timebox exploratory work appropriately.
You're the ideal candidate if:
- You have a technical understanding of service discovery using tools such as Consul, Istio, or others.
- You have a deep understanding of Kubernetes, Helm and/or Docker.
- You have had experience mentoring other engineers.
Articulate is a highly successful, fully remote software company that’s changing the way the world learns. Our award-winning e-learning tools are used by 98,000+ organizations across the globe to create engaging online and mobile courses. Our customers include 93 of the Fortune 100 and 19 of the top 20 U.S. universities. And our online community of 800,000+ members is the largest, fastest-growing community in the industry.
We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We’re all free to exercise our crafts the best way we know how to reach our goals as individuals and teams. Each and every one of us is focused on producing results that directly impact the company’s success. And we all strive to do what’s right by people, both internally and externally, instead of taking the shortest route to the highest profits.
We honor people’s humanity in all of our disparate experiences and social locations, accepting each person as an individual with a story worth listening to and honoring. We believe that honoring everyone’s humanity means being committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.
Learn more about our culture.
Please mention that you come from RemoteJobs
when applying for this job.