Sanametrix is looking for a Desktop Engineering Lead to a provide engineering and staff leadership for the Windows desktop computing environment. The successful candidate will have expertise in the development, testing, implementation, troubleshooting, and operations of full life cycle Windows desktop environments to include secure desktop OS images, core and specialized applications. In addition, the role requires demonstrated leadership experience with a proven track record of providing strategic and tactical management to a team of engineers. The candidate should have previously built laptop/desktop images that meet STIG or USGCB standards, and will be developing baseline images on a regular basis to include the OS, security agents, base GPO settings, as well as additional software profiles as required for multiple user groups. The successful candidate should have experience building images via task sequence method using Microsoft Deployment Tool (MDT) or (preferably) System Center .
Configuration Manager (SCCM). You will work with the Government end-user community, Government specific software applications, and other IT service providers to ensure best integration of end-use compute across the environment as well as diagnosing issues and providing solutions. While the majority of the endpoints are Windows, the customer operates a small number of MacOS devices, and you will be responsible for the full life cycle of these endpoints as well.
Location: Washington, D.C
Clearance: Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Duties andd Responsibilities:
- Provides strategic and tactical engineering staff management.
- Troubleshoots problems with and develops solutions for the desktop environment and its integration with other services.
- Evaluates desktop/ software and hardware technologies and determines how they can best be effectively integrated into the customer’s environment.
- Develops, tests, deploys, and maintains Group Policy Objects (GPOs) in Microsoft Active Directory (AD) for end user devices which implement STIG and other device and account controls.
- Develops, tests, and deploys desktop/ images including applications and GPO updates. * Designs and integrates new software and hardware into the customer’s environment.
- Manages anti-virus and malware detection, analysis, and remediation. This includes providing installation, configuration, and support for anti-virus and anti-malware software tools.
- Manages Data Loss Prevention (DLP) tools for the desktop environment, including installation, configuration, and support for DLP tools.
- Performs regular operating system and application laptop patching of Microsoft operating systems and applications. This requires experience with the installation, configuration, and use of SCCM.
- Performs (3rd party) application patching of software such as, Adobe, Java, and Apple products.
- Provides technical recommendations, directions, and assistance to end users and support technicians in vulnerability remediation efforts.
- Provide support and expertise for end point encryption efforts. This requires expertise and experience with whole-disk encryption products such as BitLocker.
- Identifies issues for continuous service improvement (CSI) and develops CSI plan(s).
- Translates customer needs into system, hardware, software, performance, network, and interface requirements. * Manages and controls the engineering cycle for end user hardware and software.
- Coordinates the activities of others performing desktop engineering activities and manages stakeholder expectations and requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Social Science.
- 7+ years of experience related in IT with at least 3 years performing end-user platform engineering and management to include development and maintenance of desktop image(s).
- At least 2 years as the leader of an engineering team.
- Experience with the development, testing and deployment of Windows images, applications, updates, deployment methodologies and automation.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving problems with end-user compute environments. * Experience using desktop imaging and management tools such as SCCM.
- Experience packaging desktop applications for remote distribution using enterprise tool (i.e. SCCM, WSUS, BigFix).
- Experience providing Tier 3 support to desktop support technicians. * Experience with remote access using VPNs and/or Citrix, thin clients, BYOD, and VDI infrastructure desired.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and strong interpersonal skills to effectively manage staff and relate to customer needs.
- Experience using ITIL Ticket Management System – ServiceNow or equivalent.
Experience with at least 3 of the following technologies/tools:
- STIG and/or USGCB guidelines
- Microsoft Deployment Tool (MDT)
- BigFix (or Microsoft SCCM)
- Active Directory Management (ADM)
- BitLocker whole disk encryption
- Public Key Infrastructure and HSPD-12 (as applied in Federal civilian agencies)
- Antivirus client management (ESET and/or Symantec) Certifications:
- MCTS: Administering and Deploying System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Certification desired.
- ITIL certification (or ability to obtain certification with 6 months of employment)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $110,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year
- Washington, DC (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Please mention that you come from RemoteJobs
when applying for this job.