Mobile Fundraising Manager (Temp 2020, Remote)
Full-time • Starts August 3, 2020 or sooner, ends November 30, 2020 • Competitive Pay • Excellent Benefits • Work From Anywhere in the Continental U.S.
Application deadline July 6, 2020 at 12pm ET
Apply here: https://grnh.se/fab76fac1us
MoveOn has a particularly important role to play in the Trump era. We are working to defeat Donald Trump and the GOP in 2020 by building a powerful, multiracial, and economic populist movement that will give voters something to vote for, not just against—and we're also working to defend communities that are on the front lines of Trump and GOP attacks, including immigrants, people of color, the LGBTQ community, and women. In service of that mission, in 2020 and beyond, MoveOn will drive impactful, movement-connected, multichannel, nimble campaigns aimed at impact.
In 2018, in solidarity with our allies and volunteers across the country, MoveOn helped power a blue wave that elected the most diverse Democratically controlled U.S. House of Representatives in history. And in 2019, progressives and Democrats continued to secure historic wins in state elections in Virginia, Kentucky, and more. The 2020 election is more uncertain than ever, due to an unprecedented pandemic with historic health and economic implications. It is our job to help ensure that a blue wave rises once again across the battleground states and districts we need to win the White House, take control of the Senate, and retain our majority in the House of Representatives.
We can be certain Trump will continue to govern recklessly and violently throughout the entire election season, requiring us to do the essential rapid-response campaigning that we were built for and our allies depend on us for. And we can be certain that Trump will continue to pour tens of millions of dollars into battleground states campaigning while the Biden campaign works to bring the big-tent Democratic coalition together virtually. Much of this campaigning will play out online, including on social media platforms that have been rigged to favor Trump and the GOP and spread harmful misinformation targeted at Democratic candidates and voters.
With millions of members nationwide and a 20-year track record of winning electoral and progressive issue campaigns and breaking new digital and field organizing ground, MoveOn is uniquely suited to mobilize our members and organizational resources to fill real gaps, be additive to other efforts, run innovative campaigns to help win and protect votes, and make it more likely that we elect a Democratic president and Congress on November 3, 2020.
Mobile Fundraising Manager
MoveOn is seeking a highly motivated and goal-oriented digital or mobile campaigning and fundraising strategist to help raise funds from our members for a massive national campaign across 12 battleground states to defeat Donald Trump, retain control of the House, win back the Senate, and protect frontline communities from attacks.
The Mobile Fundraising Manager will be responsible for raising significant funds using MoveOn’s broadcast SMS and p2p SMS platforms.
- Own content drafting, testing, and optimization for MoveOn’s broadcast and p2p SMS fundraising programs.
- Ensure business rules for inclusions, exclusions, frequency, etc. are being implemented in p2p fundraising to preserve audience integrity.
- Lead on all mobile fundraising program reporting and analysis.
- Track all mobile fundraising sends and manage the process of audience tracking and segmentation to maximize audience exposure to fundraising asks, while ensuring a good experience for activists.
- Propose new innovations in broadcast and p2p fundraising.
- Run approved tests, report back on results, and operationalize the best ideas.
- Participate as a full member of our Mobile team, contributing to shared learning and mutual accountability.
2 years experience with an SMS broadcast and automation system like Upland Mobile Commons, Airship, Adobe Campaign, etc.
- 1 year experience with a p2p texting platform like Spoke, Hustle, ThruText, etc.
- Experience writing compelling fundraising materials for a large audience.
- Experience in digital electoral or advocacy campaigning.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong analysis skills and ability to manipulate data using spreadsheets and/or SQL.
Skills, Characteristics, and Values
Acts with high integrity, professionalism, low ego, and camaraderie.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-directedness. MoveOn is a virtual office, and while you will interact with your colleagues constantly, you will be driving your own workflow and output.
- Some project management experience preferred.
- Able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Self-motivated, driven, able to work nights, weekends, and long hours, and able to maintain work-life balance. We take a healthy workplace seriously and can accommodate flexible daytime schedules when evening work is required.
Location: Work from anywhere within the continental United States.
Reports to: Mobile Campaigns Director
Classification, Salary, and Benefits: Full-time, competitive salary including benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance; four weeks accrued paid vacation time per year, prorated for the period that you work; 18 weeks of paid parental leave (birth, adoption, foster care placement of a child), 10 days accrued paid sick time, and paid family medical leave; staff holidays, professional development budget of $1,000, monthly cell phone and internet reimbursement of $175 per month, home office subsidy, and everything needed for a home office.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Please mention that you come from RemoteJobs
when applying for this job.