Rapid Response Campaign Director (Remote, Temp 2020) at MoveOn Full-time • Temporary • Starts August 3, 2020 or sooner through November 30, 2020 • Competitive Pay • Excellent Benefits •Work From Anywhere in the U.S.
Application deadline July 6, 2020 at 12pm ET.
Apply here: https://grnh.se/428989d61us
MoveOn is a diverse and vibrant community of millions of people working together to create progressive change in America. We are an innovative campaigning organization that supports people throughout the country to take action through driving impactful campaigns that influence the behavior of people and institutions, shape the outcomes of elections, and expand the realities of what’s possible. We organize to challenge entrenched power, while pursuing economic, racial, and social justice and a vision of a country in which everyone can thrive.
MoveOn has a particularly important role to play in the Trump era. We are working to defeat Donald Trump and the GOP in 2020 by building a powerful, multiracial, and economic populist movement that will give voters something to vote for, not just against—and we're also working to defend communities that are on the front lines of Trump and GOP attacks, including immigrants, people of color, the LGBTQ community, and women. In service of that mission, in 2020 and beyond, MoveOn will drive impactful, movement-connected, multichannel, nimble campaigns aimed at impact.
MoveOn’s Campaign Directors have driven work that’s changed the course of history—winning health care access for millions, stopping wars, and curbing family separation policies. In our rapid-response work, the ability to quickly organize a protest, generate a flood of calls to an unsuspecting target, or release a fast, noteworthy survey or ad are critical ways to seize opportunistic moments where we can leverage MoveOn’s membership, toolkit, and national position in defense of democracy, justice, and dignity for all.
- Identify, develop, and lead high-profile, high-impact, creative, digital-first rapid-response opportunities that center equity and progressive values, tap into MoveOn member energy, harness credible theories of change, and have the capacity to propel national impact in a 72-hour window of activity.
- Engage partner organizations, especially those representing impacted communities, to inform priorities and strategic direction for campaigns.
- Write compelling emails and associated mobile, press, and social content that motivates members to take a range of actions.
- Lead internal cross-organizational working groups to execute all aspects of rapid-response campaigns you direct, assess technical and creative needs for campaigns, work with colleagues on the application of these assets, and direct contractors and consultants as needed.
- Learn and utilize the full range of MoveOn’s digital campaigning tools, including our email, mobile messaging, petition, call alert, event, and querying platforms.
- Participate as a member in a dynamic, committed, and passionate team, where you will move nimbly among campaigns, support the work of your colleagues, and lean on others for help.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience leading digital campaigns that mobilize people online and offline, promote progressive values with a clear equity lens, and make change in the world.
- Experience with and deep commitment to applying anti-oppression frameworks—especially with regard to racial, gender, and economic injustice—to previous work. Ideal candidates would have worked with racial justice-oriented coalitions, organizations, and campaigns in the past.
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability and commitment to develop and nurture collaborative relationships with colleagues in a virtual office setting at MoveOn and with partner and allied organizations.
- Proven ability to collaboratively organize colleagues and partners around a project or campaign resulting in effective implementation, as well as experience managing staff or volunteers on multifaceted projects.
- Ability to learn the suite of MoveOn’s digital campaigning tools.
- Demonstrated commitment to MoveOn’s mission and values.
Location: Position may be based anywhere in the continental United States.
Classification, Salary, and Benefits: Full-time, competitive salary including benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance; four weeks accrued paid vacation time per year, prorated for the period that you work; 18 weeks of paid parental leave (birth, adoption, foster care placement of a child), 10 days accrued paid sick time prorated for the period that you work, and paid family medical leave; staff holidays, professional development budget of $1,000, monthly cell phone and internet reimbursement of $175 per month, home office subsidy, and everything needed for a home office.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Please mention that you come from RemoteJobs
when applying for this job.