7Sigma Systems is looking for a talented individual to join our team of software developers. Primary responsibilities are developing and maintaining an innovative suite of software products focused on the telecommunications industry. Our applications are primarily built using LAMP stack and run on AWS (EC2, S3, Aurora) as well as on customer premise.
You will also have the opportunity to work with our customers directly when developing new features and supporting the existing feature set and infrastructure.
A working knowledge of Linux, PHP and MySQL is required. Any experience with telecommunications networking or access equipment is a bonus.
Position requires someone who is a Self Starter and Self Disciplined. The ability to work quickly and independently, with attention to detail is a must.
- Expert PHP development skills
- Strong knowledge of efficient MySQL
- Experience interfacing with external systems and API’s.
- Linux Experience
- Perl experience is a bonus.
- Self driven, high achiever
- Strong written communication and documentation skills.
- Highly motivated who likes to go the extra mile and over achieve
- Well versed with communicating with clients
- Good attention to the details
- Ability to work remotely and stay on task
- Problem solving ability
Education and Training Requirements:
Applicants must have a 4 year degree in computer science, management information systems, computer technology, computer engineering, telecommunications, or a related degree program or equivalent in real world experience. Access to reliable high-speed internet is also required along with a dedicated work environment. Although the ideal candidate will have extensive experience and knowledge, we are willing to look at self starters, who have a significant aptitude to learn. Working Conditions:
- Home Office 99%
- Minimal Travel 1%
- Frequent technology refresh
- Smart phone
- Health Care
- Profit Sharing
- Company retreats
- Location independent in upper midwest.
Please mention that you come from RemoteJobs
when applying for this job.