WHO WE ARE
At American Meadows, we like to say that we Do Good Through Gardening. Our primary focus is to be great at providing home gardeners with the products, knowledge, and website experience they need to succeed. We work to accomplish this by combining top-quality products, a staff that’s passionate about what we do, the latest in technology and proven direct-to-consumer methods. If this sounds intriguing, read on...
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU’D DO
In this role you will be responsible for analyzing the market, developing a deep understanding of our customer segments, and providing opportunities and insights to influence our overall marketing strategy. This role requires an analytic thinker who is comfortable pulling data from disparate data sources to uncover opportunities that improve the performance of our marketing efforts.
By using data as your strategic decision-making tool, this role will directly empower us to make informed decisions about marketing performance, to refine business ideas, solve problems, and enable a competitive advantage.
You are a strategic thinker who leverages data to drive actionable insights on performance, have an omnichannel perspective on developing marketing strategies to execute on business objectives, are interested in media measurement and understanding how media performance metrics influence the customer journey to purchase.
You are growth-oriented, you rise to the occasion, fascinated that a gardening business can be built online, and looking to contribute to the growing digital marketing space.
If this role looks to be a good fit for the next steps of your career, show off your skills by thoroughly reviewing the accountability matrix, reply with your resume and complete Step 1 (listed below) of the application process to our Staff Happiness Jedi.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The following chart reflects how you’d spend your time and the measures of success.
Marketing Channel and Data Analysis | Priority #1 | 50% of Time
- Partner with external marketing vendors and drive the development and delivery of reporting automation and dashboards
- Consider varying perspectives and alternate solutions to stay one step ahead of our marketing vendors/partners to confidently respond to questions and concerns
- Utilize data to drive decision making within marketing and assist in interpretation and application of new tools and data sets to drive optimization
- Partner with BI Team and external vendors to ensure data accurately flows into multi-touch attribution system
- Lead the application of insights to influence marketing strategies that drive measurable growth in online and store sales across strategic marketing initiatives for acquisition and retention programs
Measurements of Success:
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting that showcases performance against KPIs
- In ongoing analysis, consider thoughtful insights that answer ‘why did it happen’, ‘what should we do about it’ and ‘what do we think will happen next’
- Marketing performance reports from outside partners, collected accurately and on-time
- Work with partners on monthly experiment plans and make recommendations to increase engagement across key segments and channels
- Develop weekly internal knowledge share workflow to stay informed and apply new or current trends and best practices in digital marketing and analytics
Customer Profiles & Behaviors | Priority #2 | 25% of Time
- Collaborate with Content Marketing and Customer Experience Liaison to develop quantifiable customer surveys. A deep understanding of our customer’s purchase behaviors is fundamental to our marketing plans and customer lifecycle strategies
- Support the Ecommerce Marketing Manager and UI/UX Manager in developing and reporting on A/B testing and multivariate tests to optimize efforts
Measurements of Success:
- Manage two-three customer surveys annually and deliver results to help drive objectives for strategic planning
- Establish testing and measurement methods that deepen our understanding of how users respond to various A/B initiatives
- Perform quality checks at various stages of the research to ensure accuracy. Manage the overall project timelines, ensuring that milestones are met and signed off at the various stages of the project execution
- Uncover user behaviors patterns, and long-term trends within data and work cross-functionally to present findings bi-annually and actionable determine next steps
Reporting & Measurement | Priority #3 | 25% of Time
- Strong partnership across all internal departments with clear understanding of their business challenges & questions, and how your data analysis will drive their area of business
- Collaborate with BI Lead and development partners to define and build new data infrastructure for better self-serve data reporting
Measurements of Success:
- Lead quarterly lunch and learns for updates to internal self-serve data and how we are tracking towards benchmarks
- Drive development of new reports and enhancements to existing reports in GA and Power BI. Continually work to automate existing manual reporting processes
- Demonstrated experience using data to solve business and marketing problems.
- Working background or coursework in Statistics, Economics or Business.
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Google Slides for some slide creation and editing – you are excited to present finding!
- Proficient in Excel and Google Sheets including pivots, formulas and reporting.
- Advanced knowledge of front-end analytical platforms/tools such as Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Facebook.
- Experience with BI tools such as: Power Bi, Tableau, Looker.
- Familiarity with creative testing and conversion optimization.
- Experience establishing measurement strategy and gaining stakeholder alignment.
- Prior experience in digital marketing and lead generation.
ATTRIBUTES THAT WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
- You love the art of storytelling – the ability to explain complex information in simple terms and deliver clear and concise stakeholder recommendations.
- Self – starter who demonstrates proactive thinking – always seeking ways to do something better.
- You thrive at problem solving and can balance creativity with analytical skills.
- Has a "dive right in” work ethic and doesn’t accept complacency.
- Able to take ownership and drive projects from beginning to end, collaborating with multiple groups effectively and on multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The usual, but very important, things like health, vision, dental and pet insurance (which the company contributes to), as well as a matching retirement plan and company paid Life Insurance and Disability. Also, time away to rejuvenate is very important so we offer Paid Time Off and paid holidays. Lastly, we invest in our people and we will help you further your education (Master Gardener, Advanced Vegetable Gardening Certification, skills training, and so much more)!
- Team Incentive program – based on hitting quarterly company project & financial goals.
- A fun-loving team of plant nerds who are looking to make the world a little better – one wildflower at a time
- A few well-behaved dogs who offer up free puppy kisses, their bellies to scratch, and a paw shake if you’ll give them a cookie
- Fully stocked kitchen of mostly healthy snacks, but sometimes a plate of nachos is just what you need!
- Discounts on all American Meadows and High Country Gardens products because we want you to dig in and have the opportunity to grow a beautiful garden!
- Full usage of company fitness room, free in-house (currently online while we work remote) yoga classes, and the opportunity to join us for free company events (when we’re able to responsibly distance from one another).
The position will offer a salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package. This roll will not have any direct reports.
Interested parties are to send Step 1 (mandatory) and a resume to our Staff Happiness Jedi.
Step 1 is simple: Describe for us a specific marketing or business presentation that you constructed, who your presentation audience was; include details about how you made your data visual and how did you narrow it down to takeaways from the quantifiable results?"
This is not intended to be a writing assignment, rather a chance for you to initiate an informed conversation about the core elements of this role.
American Meadows is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
We are currently working from home however will eventually return to our office in Shelburne, VT. There will continue to be work from home options but our primary work space is in-office.
- Did you complete Step 1 of the application?
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Please mention that you come from RemoteJobs
when applying for this job.