WHO WE ARE
At American Meadows, our purpose is to Do Good Through Gardening. Our primary focus is to be great at providing home gardeners with the products and knowledge and website experience they need to succeed. We work to accomplish this by combining top-quality products, a staff that’s passionate about what we do, the latest in technology and proven direct-to-consumer methods. If that sounds intriguing, read on...
WHO YOU ARE and WHAT YOU’D DO
You will help improve all aspects of our systems and sites, alongside our Tech Sensei, Subject Matter Experts, and third-party vendors. Our team is expanding, and this role is an integral part of our development process. In this role you will own our internal ticketing process from start to finish to ensure all tech projects move as smoothly and efficiently as possible. You’ll utilize your knowledge of QA best practices to support stable deployments while partnering with internal teams and vendors to fully understand the needs and demands of our complex sites and systems. Our methods are collaborative, our group is inclusive, and our minds are exploratory. We encourage skill building, knowledge sharing, and professional growth.
If this role looks to be a good fit for the next steps of your career, show off your skills by thoroughly reviewing the accountability matrix, reply with your resume and complete Step 1 (listed below) of the application process to our Staff Happiness Jedi.
We look forward to hearing from you!
ACCOUNTABILITIES & SUCCESS MEASURES:
The following chart reflects how you’d spend your time and the measures of success:
Ticket Jedi Master | Priority 1 | 45% of Time
- Oversee tickets from conception to completion
- Support the internal teams and third-party vendors through planning and execution of website and backend projects
- Participate and support Tech Sensei in daily stand-up meeting with various partners (internal and external collaboration)
- Effectively manage project blockers
- Monitor internal site & system feedback for future ticket opportunities and immediate concerns
- Collect retrospective feedback for projects, post-deployment
Measurements of Success
- Clearly defined tickets, connected to requirements/scope of work
- Maintain governance of required ticket parameters (assignee, priority, description, etc)
- In collaboration with Tech Sensei, successful completion of all site & system projects within budget and timeline
- Open communication with all internal and external teams to ensure clear understanding of expectations and any obstacles
- Clear recap of all daily stand-up meetings with structured format, action items defined, and track progress of action items
- Immediately identify blockers and address with Tech Sensei to scope out adjustments to timeline/budget
- Elevate immediate internal site/system concerns from Feedback channel to Tech Sensei for prioritization
- Clear prioritization and deadlines for backlog of features and functionality from internal feedback channel, in collaboration with Tech Sensei and vendors
- Clear updates to internal team regarding prioritization from Feedback channel
- Clearly captured internal stakeholder feedback on project execution and effectiveness to support future project decisions
Quality Assurance Guru | Priority 2 | 35% of Time
- Support stable deployments
- Test all new and existing site and system functionality
- Partner with internal teams to develop test cases
- Communicate testing issues
- Delegate parts of testing to other internal members when complex features require additional resources
Measurements of Success
- Clear expectations from internal stakeholders on testing acceptance criteria
- Document testing issues to be clearly communicated with development teams
- All testing completed in DEV and UAT environments ahead of release to ensure feature enhancements and bug fixes are delivered to spec
- Automate QA testing for routine deployments
- Clear scope of testing and deadline when delegating any testing to internal team members
Other Duties as Assigned | Priority 3 | 20% of Time
- Partner with Tech Sensei on all things related to supporting the technology of a small business operating two websites, three locations and 50 employees
Measurements of Success
- New and existing employees have fully functioning computers, either through your support or our third-party vendor
- In partnership with Tech Sensei, ensure all staff are compliant on computer security and maintain updated PCI requirements
- Provide back-up support to Tech Sensei with system admin for server and the Shipping as a Service connectors that are integral to maintain our ecommerce business
- 3-5 years in business environment, collaborating with various stakeholders
- Education or hands-on experience in DevOps environment and working in Agile project cycles
- Experience in ticket management systems such as Wrike, Jira, Planner
- Understanding of development principles and programming structures as they pertain to QA
ATTRIBUTES THAT WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
- Inquisitive, patient and articulate with the ability to work with various groups to understand challenges, demands and functionality of our systems.
- Prioritization, attention to detail and ability to set clear expectations to help manage multiple tickets while partnering with SMEs to execute complex features.
- Able to clearly articulate needs and challenges of the business to third-party vendors and provide that feedback to the internal team.
- Passionate in driving an AGILE environment while building efficient processes.
- Willingness to ‘do what it takes’ to contribute to the success of a small, growing business.
- We’re gardeners – you should be willing to dig in the dirt too!
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The usual, but very important, things like health, vision, dental and pet insurance (which the company contributes to), as well as a matching retirement plan and company paid Life Insurance and Disability. Also, time away to rejuvenate is very important so we offer Paid Time Off and paid holidays. Lastly, we invest in our people and we will help you further your education (Master Gardener, Advanced Vegetable Gardening Certification, skills training, and so much more)!
- Team Incentive program – based on hitting quarterly company project & financial goals.
- A fun-loving team of plant nerds who are looking to make the world a little better – one wildflower at a time
- A few well-behaved dogs who offer up free puppy kisses, their bellies to scratch, and a paw shake if you’ll give them a cookie
- Fully stocked kitchen of mostly healthy snacks, but sometimes a plate of nachos is just what you need!
- Discounts on all American Meadows and High Country Gardens products because we want you to dig in and have the opportunity to grow a beautiful garden!
- Full usage of company fitness room, free in-house (currently online while we work remote) yoga classes, and the opportunity to join us for free company events (when we’re able to responsibly distance from one another).
The position will offer a salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package. Interested parties are to send Step 1 (mandatory) and a resume to our Staff Happiness Jedi (check out our jobs page if you prefer to apply directly on the website).
- Go to https://www.americanmeadows.com/wildflower-seeds/northeast/northeast-wildflower-seed-mix
- At the bottom of the reviews, you’ll note that the ‘next’ link to see more reviews doesn’t work. Please write up a psuedo bug report ticket, include all fields you think a ticket should have to convey appropriate information to 3rd party developer to resolve.
American Meadows is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
We are all currently working remote however once it's safe to return to work, this role will at least be partially in-office.
- Did you complete Step 1 of the application process? See job details.
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Please mention that you come from RemoteJobs
when applying for this job.