The Director of Investor Relations will be responsible for supporting the flow of information between the publicly traded Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (the “Company”) and its subsidiaries, including Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls, Hall of Fame Village Media, and Hall of Fame Gaming among others, and the financial community, including shareholders and analysts. The role involves building and maintaining solid external relationships with shareholders and analysts as well as supporting the development of an internal planning | reporting calendar and flow of information. The role will also serve as a subject matter expert for the organization on disclosure principles and external messaging. This position reports to the Executive Vice President of Public Affairs of Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls and the Chief Financial Officer of Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company.
- Act as liaison between the company and the public on financial matters while maintaining and developing a positive public image for the organization.
- Communicate with Analyst community, including meetings (agenda, format and dates, and questions that may arise before, during, and after) while adhering to all disclosure regulations. Monitor First Call, Bloomberg, and FactSet for analyst report discrepancies. Work with analysts to correct missing and misinformation.
- Support development of Investor Relations (IR) strategy to communicate the Company’s operational and financial objectives and convey realistic expectations for the Company’s future performance.
- Serve as a support to the IR communication function, including vetting phone calls, retail investor inquiries, and scheduling one-on-one meetings and large group presentations. Prioritize requests that should be escalated to Senior Executives.
- Lead preparation of all IR communications materials including annual report, proxy process, and slide presentations to the investment community.
- Drive quarterly earnings process, collecting input from Senior Executives, drafting the press release and script, preparing Q&A and slide presentations, and overseeing conference call and webcast logistics.
- Assist in planning major investor events, such as the annual shareholders meeting, Executives’ one-on-one road shows, and investor days and facility tours. Assist in the development of content, logistics, speakers, and other key factors while adhering to disclosure requirements.
- Maintain and update IR website | monthly presentation and coordinate content with Senior Executives and marketing team to ensure Reg FD compliance and consistency with company website.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an investor-targeting strategy to build and expand institutional ownership base – identify key accounts to target, put together plans to meet current and potential investors, marketing trips with covering analysts, select conferences to present at and determine company representative, and prioritize one-on-one meeting requests at conferences.
- Prepare Board-level quarterly reports on the performance and important developments within the stockholder base. Provide Senior Executives with intelligence on individual funds and analysts, in order to prepare for investor meetings and conferences.
- Gather data and interpret trends related to the Company’s peer groups, providing actionable conclusions to management on these trends. Provide daily summary of morning research on Company and peers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Entrepreneurship: Champions innovation and encourages new ideas. Builds momentum to get things done by communicating clearly and consistently. Acts decisively. Helps others to successfully manage organizational change. Recognizes successes and informed risk-taking.
- Integrity: Is ethical and honest in all dealings. Keeps confidences and is highly responsible in managing strictly confidential information. Treats others fairly and equitably. Delivers what is promised. Is respected by others.
- Accountability for Results: Sets goals and high standards to accomplish these goals. Follows through on all commitments. Has a sense of direction and keeps focused, but knows when to be flexible and adapts accordingly. Maintains a positive attitude despite stress, frustration and ambiguity; recovers quickly from disappointments and setbacks. Questions how things were done in order to develop ways to do things more efficiently. Encourages diverse thought and welcomes contributions.
- Relationship Management/Collaboration: Builds, maintains and values positive relationships inside and outside the organization. Allocates effort to understanding and meeting needs of customers and targeted prospects, The NFL, Pro Football Hall of Famers, and community leaders. Assists others in accomplishing their goals. Communicates effectively and speaks and writes clearly. Listens and values contributions of others.
- Learning Agility: Learns technology, new systems, and processes to improve job proficiency. Inspires and encourages others to learn and grow in their careers.
- Coaching and Development: Encourages and inspires employees’ development and long-term career growth. Conveys high expectations for others. Regularly provides helpful guidance and advice.
- Execution: Ability to take plans and execute against them to implement profitable outcomes for the company.
- 5+ year of experience in construction, entertainment, or sports industry
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Marketing, Corporate Communications, Business, or related field required; MBA, CPA, or CFA preferred
- 10+ years of Investor Relations experience, or as an Industry Analyst, required
- This is a hands-on, individual contributor position requiring a self-starter with excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong analytical skills to understand the Company’s financial results and industry trends, and proven ability to interpret and articulate the information to the financial community
- A technical competency to be able to understand the Leisure/Experiential/Media industries and the competitive landscape
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with all levels of investors, management and the Board of Directors
- Strong knowledge of current/emerging disclosure laws and corporate governance practices
- Able to work in a high volume and fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy
- Must be available to work in Canton, OH
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and current resume.
About Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company
The Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW) is a resort and entertainment company leveraging the power and popularity of professional football and its legendary players in partnership with the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Headquartered in Canton, Ohio, the Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company is the owner of the Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls, a multi-use sports, entertainment, and media destination centered around the Pro Football Hall of Fame's campus. Additional information on the Company can be found at www.HOFREco.com.
About Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls
Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls, a Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company Destination, is a mixed-use sports, entertainment, and media destination located in a 200-acre tourism development district in Canton, Ohio. The Pro Football Hall of Fame Museum will serve as the heart of the Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls campus, surrounded by the varied components being built around it. In total, there will be ten additional components that will shape the landscape of George Halas Drive. This once-in-a-lifetime project and company builds upon the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s mission, values, and vision positioned as “The Most Inspiring Place on Earth!” for all those who will play the Game, played the Game, and love the Game.
Today, Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls includes two active components, the National Youth Football & Sports Complex and Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium, and the infrastructure to support additional expansion plans. Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium is a 23,000 seat, best-in-class, sports and entertainment stadium which hosts the Hall of Fame Game (always the first nationally televised NFL game of the season), the Hall of Fame Enshrinement for NFL players, and the Concert for Legends (hosted previously by Tim McGraw, Maroon 5, and Imagine Dragons), as well as the football programs of Canton McKinley High School and Walsh University, the Black College Football Hall of Fame Classic, and many more events year-round, quickly becoming an elite entertainment venue for the region. Additional information on the Destination can be found at www.HOFVillage.com.
Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Vision Insurance
We have a comprehensive Infectious Disease Policy in place including thorough cleaning measures.
Currently, we are working primarily from home and are only in-office for critical in-person meetings with employees only, no external visitors are permitted.
- Construction, Entertainment, or Sports Industry: 5 years (Preferred)
- Public Company: 5 years (Preferred)
- Investor Relations or Industry Analyst: 10 years (Required)
- Canton, OH 44718 (Required)
Company's Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Please mention that you come from RemoteJobs
when applying for this job.