Job Title: Accounting Representative
Location: Boise, ID (not remote)
Employment Status: Full Time
Jitasa is the first and largest international accounting and bookkeeping services provider dedicated solely to the nonprofit sector. Our name, Jitasa (ji-tah-suh), means “The Spirit of Serving Others.” It’s who we are and why we love playing a small role in the great work of our clients. We're accountants with two passions, numbers and helping the non-profit community.
We're now hiring an Accounting Representative to join our growing team. The primary role of this position is to serve the nonprofit community through our Bookkeeping and Accounting Services which includes the following:
- Lead and direct the accounting process for your assigned portfolio of nonprofit clients
- Coordinate workflow and tasks with your US and international team members
- Communicate expectations and project status extensively with both your assigned clients as well as internal teams
- Guide best practice policies, procedures, and processes throughout the accounting cycle
- Ensure that all client processes and procedures are documented and maintained
- Review and analyze financial data and reports
- Above all, provide a superior customer experience to your assigned clients
If you're hard-working, dedicated to building your career, and passionate about serving non-profits, Jitasa is a perfect match that offers a career with both purpose and opportunity.
Skills / Qualifications
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance OR Associate's degree in Accounting is required.
Work Experience: Ideally, 1-3 years of relevant, hands-on accounting experience. Candidates should have experience: Coordinating the month close process, communicating financial information and results to key stakeholders, managing a variety of tasks with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: Ability to explain complex things simply
- Client and project management: Demonstrated the ability to manage multiple clients and projects to successful completion on time.
- Collaboration: Demonstrated the ability to works effectively with others, both internally and externally to achieve goals.
- Initiative & Follow Through: Highly motivated, self-learner, and able to work independently
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel
- Skilled at email management via Microsoft Outlook
- Skilled in communicating remotely (via phone, teleconference, or email)
- Skilled in learning new technologies and systems
Compensation and Benefits
- $40,000 - $50,000 base salary DOE
- Quarterly bonus based on team and company performance
- Eligible for Stock Options after 1 year
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of service
- Two weeks of Paid Time Off per year
- 40 hours of Paid VTO (Volunteer Time Off) per year
- 401k plan with employer contribution match
- HSA account with employer contributions
- Many internal promotion opportunities
- Casual dress code and a fun and relaxed office culture
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
The entire Jitasa company is currently working remotely in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- relevant: 1 year (Required)
- Accounting: 1 year (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Please mention that you come from RemoteJobs
when applying for this job.