Join Brilliant Metrics on a quest to help marketers get to the next level. Help us tear down silos, kill big-campaign thinking and impart a results-oriented mindset where the mantra has been, “As long as the CEO likes it.” We break the traditional agency mold by partnering with our clients to do more with less, market smarter and put the same resources to work in a more sustainable, more efficient and more effective way. We want them to become better marketers by partnering with us, not just hand over the keys.
Today, we need to add an account manager to keep doing that.
Do you naturally "get" people? Do you know how to have tough conversations at the right time and come out the other end with a stronger business relationship? Are you hyper-organized with a knack for making sure what we promise exceeds expectations and is delivered when the client anticipates? Do you want to work with a great group of people from the comfort of your home, even after COVID-19 is a thing of the past?
If that’s you, let's talk.
What does a Brilliant Metrics account manager do?
As our account manager, you’ll have one mission: retain your assigned clients such that the average client lifetime is 3+ years and your clients’ revenue grows year over year by an average of 15% and cementing yourself as a trusted advisor of digital marketing strategy.
You'll do this by gaining an in-depth knowledge of the products, people and politics associated with your assigned accounts. Using this information, you will work with the Brilliant Metrics account team to curate a digital marketing strategy tailored to that client's needs and opportunities. Prioritizing the long-term relationship over short-term transactions, you will build, nurture and maintain a relationship where trust and confidence earn you the position as a trusted advisor.
To be successful, you will need to accomplish the following with respect to:
- Client Relationship: Achieve and maintain an average Client Happiness Score of 8 or better.
- Project Management: Ensure client deliverables are completed within the agreed-upon timeframe and within client expectations.
- Project Management: Forecast time investments for new Statements of Work accurately to achieve and maintain a Forecast-v-Actual Hours Ratio of 100% or less.
- Strategy: Guide the client along the marketing maturity matrix.
- Client Relationship: Communicate with clients frequently regarding the value of our offerings, both strategically and financially, reinforcing the value that Brilliant Metrics provides.
- Strategy: Grow current clients by increasing usage of existing services, as well as introducing new products and services that offer additional value to clients.
- Client Relationship: Assist business development in smooth onboarding and handoff of new clients such that the average Client Happiness Score, through conclusion of setup projects, averages 8 or better.
To work with us at all, you need:
- To embody all of our core values.
- A space to work. That means some place in your home or good coworking space (at your expense) where the background behind your workspace appears professional and you have the ability to hold confidential conversations with clients without interruption by family, friends or similar distractions.
- Daycare. If dependents - young, elderly or disabled - will be in the same residence during work time and they are unable to care for themselves (i.e. you would not comfortably leave them alone/unattended for 8+ uninterrupted hours, another adult must be present and responsible for their care and supervision.
- A fast and reliable internet connection. You need a minimum internet speed of 5M down / 2M up so you're not frequently freezing or disconnecting during video conferences.
- A daily work location within the United States (military spouses with a documented permanent US-based legal residence, please apply). Sorry protectorates, but our payroll service only serves the 50 states. This is a W-2 position; we are not able to convert to a 1099 relationship for applicants that do not meet this requirement.
To succeed at (and therefore be considered for) the account manager role, you'll need the following:
- Demonstrative Experience: B2B account management, digital marketing, PowerPoint, Excel/Google Sheets, basic data analysis, Asana or similar Project Management platform. Google Analytics and SEO experience preferred. Integrity & Respect: ethical, doing what's right, respectful, grateful.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication (effectively share complex idea in layperson terms), listening skills, rapport building, presentation skills, giving and receiving feedback, keeper of meaningful information.
- Flexibility: Adaptable, teachable, focused on solutions.
- Teamwork: Cooperative, supportive, collaborative, reliable.
- Work Ethic: Self-motivated, self-disciplined, dependable, resourceful, proactive, ownership.
- Professionalism: Credible, respectable, considerate, natural leader, mentor, action-oriented.
- Project Management: Organized, time management, multi-tasker, delegation, follow-through, document.
- Strategy: Critical, logical, problem solver, decisive, business storyteller.
Brilliant Metrics was formed in 2014 by Steve Robinson, a digital marketer and recovering software developer, after successfully coaxing a few traditional marketing clients to venture out of their tried-and-true campaign comfort zone and try something different. He suggested that, instead of time-boxing their efforts and spending all the production budget on the front end of their campaigns, they start smaller and leave time and money to optimize along the way. The results were amazing. Steve wondered, what if all clients worked this way? To find out, he set out to create an agency built around this campaign-killing, optimization-driven, experience-based philosophy.
Since then, Brilliant Metrics has grown into a small, talented team of geographically-dispersed professionals. We’ve gathered a loyal roster of clients who value our education, counsel, strategy and execution and see us as the key to getting to the next level in their marketing and business.
Internally, Brilliant Metrics attracts individuals with a certain set of values. These core values are a part of who we are, not just a company line. We believe “boss,” “supervisor” and “employee” are dirty words. “To employ” is to use, and human beings should never be used. Likewise, everyone we hire is a responsible adult and shouldn't require supervision or bossing to be successful. We empower each other to meet obligations, and we expect everyone will rise to the challenge and produce results.
What do you get in exchange for working with Brilliant Metrics?
- An opportunity to get into a small organization and help shape all aspects of the business with a collaborative team.
- Schedule flexibility for most roles.
- Flexible and generous paid time off.
- Internet reimbursement of $40 monthly.
- Full-time (100%) telecommuting.
Please mention that you come from RemoteJobs
when applying for this job.