At Zaarly, we are fixing what is broken in local home services by building great tools and providing exceptional service to local businesses and homeowners. As we grow into more cities around the United States, we are improving and automating a lot of our manual operations and making our product more useful, usable, and delightful across the board.
Our headquarters is in Kansas City, but most of our product team works remotely (and we've been working this way for years).
Working with a small team of very talented engineers, designers, and operators, you’ll play an important role building an incredibly unique, local marketplace. We’re a small company and a tight-knit team working on problems no other business has solved. Everyone on the team is mission-critical. Here are some of the things we'll want you to work on:
- Building features that small business owners and homeowners rely on daily to get real jobs done. There are so many interesting problems to solve around building and maintaining trust, creating efficiencies for different kinds of small, local businesses, creating transparency in the market – the list goes on and on.
- Collaborating with our designers to understand our users and guide product decisions. Ultimately, every one of our users will interact with code you’ve written, so we hope you care deeply about their experience.
- Improving our codebase. Our team constantly strives to be more and more intentional about writing clean, maintainable code that we can be proud of. We strive to be good at both giving and receiving code review.
- Helping to keep big projects on track without a lot of day-to-day intervention from managers. We’re looking for engineers who take a holistic view of what they’re working on and are more than just ticket-takers.
- You have at least two years of professional experience working with a team on a web app with real users. (You have reviewed other people’s code and have had your code reviewed by others as a part of this experience.)
- You’re a life-long learner and a student of your craft – both teachable and eager to teach in order to improve our team.
- You have the skills you need to be a happy and successful remote team member, or you happen to live in the Kansas City area and want to work out of our office. Our product team is roughly 50% remote, so both of these options are totally fine. (We try to bring the remote team members to town about four times a year -- when it's safe to travel again.)
Why you'll love working with us
- We're solving real-world problems for real people. We get to see the positive impact we're having on the lives of small business owners and homeowners every day.
- Each team member sets their own hours. We don't limit vacation days.
- We have a supportive and friendly culture that we're committed to maintaining.
- We provide health, dental, and vision coverage. We also offer a 401(k).
- Since working on a distributed team can get lonely sometimes, we give ourselves tons of opportunities to interact with each other. Daily standup meetings (which are optional), monthly all-hands meetings, ongoing Slack communications (muting is allowed). We want everybody to feel like they're in the loop.
Please mention that you come from RemoteJobs
when applying for this job.