Teach math to motivated students at AoPS Academy!
Who we are: At Art of Problem Solving (AoPS), we are training the intellectual leaders of the next generation. We help motivated students in grades 2 - 12 develop the problem-solving skills they need to confidently tackle challenging math problems. Students learn in different ways, so we offer resources in a variety of different formats, including books, online classes, and in-person learning centers (Academies).
Who you are: A dynamic, enthusiastic teacher with a strong math background and diverse teaching experience. You enjoy building relationships with talented students in a small classroom setting and making a direct impact on how they learn and approach mathematics.
- NOTE: Please ONLY apply if you are currently located in the Greater South Bay area. This position is temporarily remote due to COVID-19, but will resume in-person classes once the campus reopens. If you are looking for Remote-Only teaching opportunities, please visit our Virtual Campus openings on our website (more info at the bottom).
About the Role:
- We are currently hiring teachers for our elementary, middle, and high school courses offered for the upcoming academic year (Fall/Spring).
- Courses meet once per week for 1 hr 45 minutes. Salary is a flat rate of $120/class, including prep time. Teachers may take on 1-2 courses per academic year to start.
- Weekday classes start in the late afternoon after 4:30pm PT. Weekend classes range throughout the day. Please check out the Course Schedule here to see the scheduled times of available classes: https://santaclara.aopsacademy.org/courses/schedule
- Teach the AoPS curriculum in dynamic, participation-oriented classes that focus on instruction and developing skills, not on rote memorization.
- Actively engage advanced elementary, middle, and high school level students in the course material throughout each class. Understand how to manage a remote classroom while teaching online (temporary).
- Thorough preparation, with some time spent before/after each class for planning and debriefing.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM-related field required. Master's/PhD is preferred.
- Teaching or classroom management experience is strongly preferred.
- Excited to teach and engage elementary, middle, and high school students.
- Candidates must be located in the Santa Clara, CA area and are comfortable commuting to our campus once it is safe to go back.
- Willingness to teach either online or in-person - Zoom or other video conferencing familiarity is preferred.
Please submit your resume along with your application.
- For Remote-Only part time teaching opportunities, please visit here: https://artofproblemsolving.com/company/part-time-positions
- Do you live near one of our 9 other campus locations? (San Diego, Bellevue, Pleasanton, Frisco, Princeton, Vienna, Gaithersburg, Lexington, Morrisville) Please check out the AoPS Careers page and apply directly.
$120 Per Class (including prep time)
Job Type: Part-time
All of our AoPS Academy locations are currently closed and teaching online. We will reopen when it is fully safe for our students and teachers to return to campus.
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Santa Clara, CA 95051 (Required)
- Please describe your teaching philosophy and highlight why you are interested in teaching at AoPS.
Hours per week:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Please mention that you come from RemoteJobs
when applying for this job.