Middle / High School Math Teacher
JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the school administrator, provides an educational program in the subject area assigned for pupils in grades 6‐12 or a combination thereof, and assists in other school programs as assigned within the contract day. Creates a program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth. Establishes effective rapport with pupils to motivate pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge in accordance with each pupil’s ability as well as to meet the Alabama State Standards. Establishes professional relationships with parents and other staff members. Supervises instructional aides, student teachers, and parent volunteers when applicable.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare classroom for class activities.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Identify and utilize different instructional resources and methods to support the learning needs of students at varying levels of progress.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Provide for the care and protection of school property.
- Select and requisition books, instructional aids and instructional supplies, and maintain required inventory records.
- Use relevant technology to support instruction.
- Observe and evaluate student performance and development.
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests, and assignments as appropriate.
- Provide appropriate feedback on student work.
- Monitor and encourage individual student progress.
- Provide guidance to students which will promote educational development.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of student progress and development.
- Update records accurately and completely as required by laws and district policies.
- Prepare required reports on students and activities.
- Manage student behavior and maintain discipline by establishing classroom rules and procedures and enforcing classroom, school, and district rules and procedures.
- Participate in department, school, and state meetings and professional development activities as appropriate.
- Stay current with most recent developments in appropriate subject areas as initiated by the school or district.
- Cooperate with and participate in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the total school program.
- Work with other teachers to coordinate social activities and relevant field trips for students;
- Participate in student recruiting sessions and other marketing efforts that require teacher representation;
- Foster and maintain effective communication with parents and/or guardians.
Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Principal or other appropriate administrator.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required)
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher from a regionally accredited college or university in the relevant educational field required.
- Excellent communicability and interpersonal skills
- Well-organized and committed
- Strong moral values and discipline
- Ability to work remotely, if necessary
- Relevant Teaching Experience: 2 years
- Licenses & Certifications
- Experience working in a virtual environment
Job Type: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $ 25,000 - $40,000
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the appropriate administrator or supervisor. Iqra Math & Science Academy (IMSA) reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time without prior notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25,000.00 - $40,000.00 per year
- IQRA MATH & SCIENCE ACADEMY
Company's Facebook page:
- IQRA MATH & SCIENCE ACADEMY
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Please mention that you come from RemoteJobs
when applying for this job.