The Quality Manager has overall responsibility for creating, executing and maintaining a comprehensive world class quality and manufacturing engineering system for the responsible site(s) within the Seametrics Organization. Activities include organizing, planning, commissioning, and maintaining the Quality Management System policies and procedures, managing process controls, inspection and test requirements to maintain product integrity. This is a unique opportunity to add a tremendous amount of value in a healthy, growing business. The Quality Manager will be empowered to be a change agent within the organization and will have the autonomy and responsibility to enhance the systems surrounding the production and business processes to drive improved quality and productivity.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work proactively with the manufacturing team to drive productivity, reduce cycle time and improve quality and first pass yields using lean manufacturing techniques
- Direct the internal and external audit system to ensure the effective continuous improvement of the ISO 9001:2000 quality systems.
- Personally investigate quality complaints and non-conformances, and work with other appropriate department managers and engineers to ensure root cause is identified and solved.
- Develop and maintain the supplier quality program.
- Develop and deploy the use of statistical analysis tools within the operations unit to assure improved part integrity and reliability indices.
- Improve the precision and capability of quality tools and methods throughout the production flow and consolidate and prioritize the quality system equipment and software capital budget.
- Facilitate the QC Team meetings, drive non-conformances (internal and external) resolutions and lead the QC Team in 8-D problem solving.
- Bring together cross-functional teams to plan, formulate and agree upon comprehensive quality procedures and test methods.
- Monitor quality system performance through gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports.
- Collect and analyze performance data and charts against defined parameters.
- Manage calibration system.
- Provide leadership for the direct staff of inspectors and repair technicians.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in Quality Systems in a technical manufacturing or custom engineered manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of how to do PPAP’s (New Product Introductions), Control Plans and the ability to calibrate measuring devices
- Experience with the administration of ISO 9001:2000 quality systems
- Strong written and verbal written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively multi-task in our fast-paced environment.
- Provide a high level of professionalism and well with other team members.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and experience with ERP software packages
- Certification ASQ CMQ/OE
- Ability to grasp complex concepts easily
- Excellent planning, negotiating, and organizing skills
- Ability to motivate co-workers, colleagues and others
- Ability to build well-functioning Quality system
Ability to uphold Seametrics mission and vision. Must be accurate and pay attention to details. Willing to take on tasks as directed. Willing to take initiative when appropriate. Willing to be flexible as needed. Trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, cheerful, cost-conscious, and respectful.
- Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook
- Physical Demand(s): Can lift up to __10__lbs, sitting for reasonable periods of time
- Visual Demand(s): Ability to look at a computer monitor for reasonable periods of time
Hazard(s): Manufacturing environment
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Please mention that you come from RemoteJobs
when applying for this job.