WFT Engineering, Inc. (www.wfteng.com) has an opening for an experienced Construction Administrator for private sector and government clients. The successful candidate will be a professional team player with a "can do" attitude and have exceptional English speaking, reading, writing and grammar skills, internet and computer skills, organizational abilities, present well and be reliable. Office hours are flexible. All candidates must be proficient with Word, Bluebeam, Excel, AutoCAD, Revit, Procure, e-builder and other CM software used by Contractors. Understand customer satisfaction and know the construction process. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years active experience, understand engineering fundamentals, have field experience and ensure that projects are constructed in accordance with requirements of the contract construction processes/documents.
Construction Administration responsibilities begin during the design process prior to submitting the documents for construction, perform QA/QC reviews of the MEP, Fire Alarm & Fire sprinkler documents to assure in house coordination has occurred and notes and details reflect the project design intent.
- Interface with client representatives, Architect/other engineers
- Maintain favorable working relations with client and contractor
- Plan site visits and coordinate with architect and contractor
- Assist in house project management in developing and implementing project procedures, standards, etc. for specific projects
- Review bids and respond to RFI’s and submittals
- Attend construction kick off and progress meetings
- Provide regular status updates to design team, submittals/shop drawing, maintain log of submittals, coordinate and distribute submittals to team for review
- Review comments with team and coordinate with architect, general contractor and owner.
- Project close out and completion preparing punch list of work to be completed and/or corrected to meet construction documents and project requirements
- Acts as a sounding board for project engineers and designers
- Assists in the marketing of the firm’s capabilities with new clients and enhance relationships with existing clients
- Prepare proposals for potential projects with the account executive
- Performs other duties assigned by a project manager
Key Skills for Construction Administrator:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Teamwork, leadership and managerial skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Relevant technical expertise
- Good computer and analytical skills
- Minimum of 5 years construction administration and/or trade supervision experience on facility construction
- College degree preferred
Generous Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive compensation package.
- Dynamic team-focused culture
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
- Vacation and paid time off.
- Flexible schedules.
- Team-building celebrations, holiday parties and outings.
- Complimentary access to an onsite fitness gym.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $19.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Administrative: 5 years (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Company's Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Please mention that you come from RemoteJobs
when applying for this job.