Why you should apply
At Crowd Favorite, we’re protective of our culture, our process, and our clients. When you join our team, you’ll quickly realize this isn’t like other jobs. It’s a transformative experience.
Here's who we are looking for:
The ideal candidate is both a highly effective coder and an extremely effective communicator, both verbally and in writing, and should have well-formed opinions about how to deliver top-quality digital solutions in a professional context. Good developers can create code that solves a problem. Great developers can also communicate why that code solves a problem, how it does so, and how to implement it.
While we recognize that some candidates may not be expert-level developers, and we’re open to the idea of an otherwise ideal candidate gaining greater proficiency on the job, we require a good degree of of familiarity with creating high-performing open source solutions. This is not an entry-level position.
We welcome applicants who aren't sure if they meet all of the qualifications of this job posting. If you think you’ve got what it takes but you’re worried you might be missing one qualification or another, we think you should apply.
Must-haves (non-technical requirements):
- Access to consistent, high-speed Internet
- Ability to self-manage and self-organize in distributed work environments, and to take direction in remote work situations
- Effective in communicating with team members and has experience using email, Slack and multiple communication channels
- Previous experience in a client services - focused agency setting
- Understands while you are not an Army of One, you are responsible for work assigned to you
- Interest in and willingness to learn new technologies, refine your skill set, and keep your skills sharp in the ever-evolving open source technology landscape
- Fluency in the English language, both verbal and written
Must-haves (technical requirements):
- Proficient in modern object-oriented PHP
- Proficient in modern web development tooling and continuous integration/deployment
- Experience in web site performance optimization, both front-end and back-end, utilizing the latest responsive and mobile design techniques
- Basic understanding of SEO in regards to design & technical best practices
- Basic understanding of UI/UX standards for ecommerce
- Sharp and focused attention to detail with the ability to deliver projects on-time and on budget
- Experience with GIT, JSON, Node.js, and RESTful API’s
- Proficient in developing high-performing code for WordPress
- Experience with Laravel development
- Experience in WooCommerce development, beyond WooCommerce templates
- Experience with unit and integration testing
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with web standards and accessible web development
- Development of new ecommerce websites on the Shopify platforms
- Building and customizing Shopify themes within the Liquid framework
- Experience with mobile platforms like Flutter, React Native, or NativeScript-Vue
- Experience with containerization tools like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS setup and configuration
This is a development position, so code is involved.
Be ready to review some examples of effective solutions that you created. A link to a Git repo or Bitbucket repo gives us something to look at together.
Be ready to discuss them, to talk about them. Walk us through your thought processes. What worked, what didn’t work, etc.
Be ready to talk about how long it took to create the solutions. How off was the time it took from the original estimate? Did you give input on the estimate, or was it decided by others and simply imparted to you?
Please mention that you come from RemoteJobs
when applying for this job.