Collaboration/Network Engineer (Mid level)
Metrica Inc. is a broad-based professional services firm established in 1984 to provide to government and corporations an array of program support activities. These support activities include Operational Management and Support (OM&S), Information Technology (IT), Professional Consulting, and Commercial Systems. Metrica's OM&S services encompass employee relocations, international logistics, facilities management, and training development. Metrica's Professional Consulting services provide experience and expertise in the areas of econometric analysis, human performance technology, and statistical analysis.
We are seeking a Collaboration Network Engineer, to join our team of highly skilled professionals maintaining networks for the Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food and Nutrition Services.
Location: Alexandria, VA
· Provide engineering solutions and support to the client (USDA) with the goal of improving infrastructure network performance, defense, and security.
· Provide engineering support during system configuration, integrations, and stabilization of security mitigations and intrusion control mechanisms.
· Provide, manage and maintain all telecommunications service resources (e.g., hardware, operating system software and applications) that are required to provide designated services (LAN, WAN, VPN, Firewall, Routers, Switches, VTC, IDS and wireless connectivity.
· Perform engineering trend and traffic analysis; document and report potential flaws within the network.
· Provide engineering and team support for current and planned implementations.
· Analyze and forecast infrastructure reporting data to support network performance, security, and capacity planning in accordance with regulations, directives, and policies.
· Provide engineering support to equipment such as encryption, remote client access, NAC, VPNs.
· Performance Analyzers, and other infrastructure components.
· Provide engineering trend analysis; document, report potential flaws and recommendations
· Certifications; CCNP Route/Switch and/or Collaboration specialized.
· US Citizen and Favorable Minimum Background Investigation (MBI). Candidate is not required to have a security clearance; however, a security clearance, recent favorable MBI and/or National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI) is preferred in order for the candidate to be granted interim privilege user access upon acceptance of an offer.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technology with 10 years’ experience.
· Operating systems experience: Cisco UCS, VMware 6.x, Windows and UNIX/Linux.
· Unified Collaboration/Communication capabilities understanding queuing technologies, QoS, and policy-based routing configurations.
· Cisco Telepresence VCS and VCS Expressway models
· 6 – 8 years of Video Teleconferencing and Collaboration
Job Type: Full-time
Posted 1 day agoApply for this job
Is your resume getting lost in the pile? Get a free resume review and put your best foot forward!Upgrade your resume