We are Shogun 👋. We help brands take on Amazon with faster and better sites of their own. We have over 15,000 active paying clients and most of them are happy.
We were in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we just raised a Series B investment. You can read more in TechCrunch.
Our teams are fully distributed and global (check out our team page)! We have no office and we are cool people 😁
- You know React (hooks and context APIs) like the back of your hand
- You understand semantics in HTML and SEO. You still don't know if SEO is a science or art (or magic)
- You can write clean CSS and reusable components. You know you don't need jQuery this decade
- You have done some Shopify work before and you really dislike liquid
- You are crazy about optimizations. You only stop optimizing when the only issue on PageSpeed Insights is the ga script. You wish you could remove it 😆
- You know that Lighthouse is indeed not the tower at the end of a picturesque beach, but rather a finicky tool you are determined to wrangle
- Your emotional resilience is pretty high and you really enjoy helping people. You can talk with other humans. You can explain ARIA to my mother
- Support agencies and customers with Shogun Frontend builds. You will discuss architecture, you will be the technical guru during the implementation. You will celebrate when it is shipped 🚀 and you will measure the results closely and with bated breath
- You will have to review and improve some shocking code that will make you fall off your chair. You will fight against external scripts. You will be the guardian of best practices
- Build awesome internal tools that make your life easier and help the team to ship things faster
- You will be organized and communicate decisions, issues, and lessons learned internally to the squad and externally to agencies and clients. You love a little bit of show and tell
Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class
You can use Shogun to get a feel for the product. We'd love to hear what you think. Here is how:
- Create a Shopify Developer Account
- Create a development store
Install Shogun on your development store
- Create a couple of pages. We will take a look ❤️
Please mention that you come from RemoteJobs
when applying for this job.