Who We Are:
What makes Discovery Education a GREAT fit for you? When you join Discovery Education, you'll be part of a fast-growing global team that empowers teachers with best-in-class digital curriculum that connects learning to the real-world so that every student can achieve to their highest potential. We’re the global leader in standards-based digital curriculum for K-12 classrooms, positively impacting students by aligning with strategic partners and educational institutions to deliver award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development and the largest networked learning community of its kind.
For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the educational technology space, Discovery Education offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the support of an established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming. Team members enjoy a high-energy, purpose-driven work environment — as well as tremendous opportunities to grow, learn and make a difference. If you like working with a curious, collaborative, high-performing team, Discovery Education is the place for you.
What You'll Do:
Discovery Education is seeking a product designer to develop the visual and interaction design for our award-winning suite of blended learning K-12 products. A keen aesthetic sensibility and attention to detail, combined with a user-centered methodology, is critical for success. The ideal candidate enjoys rapid prototyping and working directly with developers to collaboratively ensure a product’s success. They care deeply about delivering engaging, effective and easy-to-navigate experiences.
- Develop the overall creative vision for learning products, integrating the Discovery Education brand while visually communicating the goals of the product.
- Work collaboratively with team members from product, curriculum, editorial, analytics, design and engineering.
- Develop all visual components for the UI including components, views and pages.
- Participate in user testing of your designs, developing initial user testing scripts and following up with recommendations based on user input.
- Manage and develop a consistent design language to guide the look and feel of the company’s portfolio of products, utilizing and contributing to the DE Design System.
- Present design solutions to internal stakeholders in ways that deepen their understanding of how the design solves the problem for the user at hand.
- Mission-Driven: Passionate about Discovery Education's vision to transform teaching and learning, experience in education or ed-tech industry a plus
- Professional Experience: 5+ years’ experience in one or more of the following areas: interaction design, user interface design, web design, visual/graphic design.
- Knowledge & Skills: Experience turning complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences. Comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback and constructive criticism. Familiarity designing for accessibility needs. Experience with the Agile/Lean product development.\
- Communication: Demonstrated collaboration, communication and presentation skills.
- Leadership: Demonstrate exceptional leadership; strong work ethic driven by a sense of urgency, organization skills, and ability to inspire others to act and fulfill Discovery Education’s mission
- Collaborative: Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. Team builder, not turf builder
- Hustle: The courage and confidence to work hard and with passion; committed to getting the job done; sustain effort in the face of adversity. Maintain consistency and focus over time with a positive “never give up” attitude
- Self-Motivation and Self-Starter: The ability to do what needs to be done without being micromanaged; ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks, proactively manage numerous projects, and prioritize competing timelines; demonstrate a problem solving/ solution-oriented approach
- Learning Orientation: Always willing to learn something new, not rigid in beliefs or expectations
- Sense of Humor: Because we all need to laugh sometimes
- Technical Skills Required:
- Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Figma or vector-based layout software
- InVision, Axure, Justinmind, or other interactive prototyping software
- Principal, Adobe Premiere or other animation software
- Jira, Confluence, ana, Basecamp or other ticketing / project management software
- Designing for children as well as adults a plus!
- Bachelor’s degree required and advanced degree’s preferred
- Legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
Please mention that you come from RemoteJobs
when applying for this job.