At Dalstrong we’re hiring for an all-star Supply Chain Manager (Purchasing and Logistics) to join our remote team! Whether you’re a hobbyist or a pro, our aim is to enhance the experience of our clients’ culinary creations.
This is a full-time, EST schedule position to oversee our growing online presence for our line of premium knifeware (Amazon.com and elsewhere). If you’re a detail-oriented, organized and self-motivated Supply Chain Manager, we’d love to connect.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the strategy and execution of supply chain operations moving product from vendor to warehouse to customer and back in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible
- Develop and execute best-in-class supply chain processes including cross-border logistics, third party warehouse operations, and distribution carriers/methods
- Establish, track, and evolve KPIs for each function within the supply chain: work with Managers/Supervisors on weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting cadences; set forth plans for continuous improvement
- Become a Superuser of NetSuite (ERP) and related logistics platforms; know the systems inside and out in order to track and report on KPIs, train new team members, and troubleshoot issues
- Lead 3PL centers in the US and Europe; consider all costs and benefits, be able to design a coherent, data-driven proposal for path forward
- Build, develop and lead a broad team; provide training, mentorship and development opportunities for direct reports; help them train, retain, and develop their teams
- Plan and execute strategic growth initiatives across the supply chain to improve the business’ top and bottom lines
- Analyze and optimize transportation costs; negotiate rates, make recommendations for upgrades
- Ensure supply chain team properly monitors inventory levels across sellable and non-sellable goods to minimize out of stock situations
- Assist with sourcing suppliers and negotiate rates for all supplies, vendor negotiation and management when needed; work to reduce COGS by reducing warehouse, freight and product costs
- Set daily/weekly/monthly inventory reconciliation and replenishment processes, cycle counts and methods for timely replenishment; track and manage inventory levels
- Identify problems and drive efforts to resolve, including design of any SOPs
Who You Are
- A Supply Chain and Purchasing professional who loves what they do, and is passionate about helping businesses thrive to their full potential under your watch.
- Fully fluent in English, and comfortable with a role where you'll manage a large set of inventory shipments for a budding Amazon business
- A natural people manager: can recruit, train, retain a team; instills trust and loyalty across all levels of the business
- Can think big picture and keep track of the details at the same time: good at creating systems for a lot of moving parts; equally comfortable operating at 30k feet and in the weeds
- A natural operator: can spot logistical gaps, bottlenecks, and inefficiencies and recommend upgrades
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal; can adjust tone internally/externally as needed when dealing with vendors, etc.
- Open-minded and flexible to new ways of working
- Is not expected to be an expert in everything – but is expected to be an expert learner
- Enthusiastic and has a positive attitude; likes working on a team
- Customer-first mentality
- Puts the company before the team; the team before self
- A good corporate citizen: reliable, communicative, always follows through
- Entrepreneurial; ability to drive forward with goals independently
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to use data to drive business decisions
- An intense curiosity that keeps you up at night solving problems
- Startup mentality: scrappy, creative, and constantly learning and iterating; able to do a lot with little
- Energized by working in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
Your Proven Track-Record:
- 7+ years in an operational role with experience in supply chain, logistics, distribution and warehousing
- Experience in Amazon sales, e-commerce fulfillment or operations; knowledge of best practices
- Experience working with a global network of 3PLs and transportation providers
- Training in Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing techniques preferred
- Above-average Excel and data analytics skills with proven ability to draw strategic decisions and tactical plans from data and systems
- Experience with transportation carrier, 3PL, and/or vendor negotiations, evaluation and contract execution
- Fluency in English is a must
- Oracle Netsuite ERP experience a plus
- Full-time USD compensation
- Flexible work-life-balance and a fun remote culture with a booming eCom team!
- Free premium culinary products from our company.
Ready to Meet Us?
Please send us an application with your Resumé, Cover Letter, and answers to the below questions:
- Please discuss your success as a Supply Chain Manager in previous roles, and why you'd thrive at our team
- Tell us a story that highlights your tactics when purchasing and acquiring inventory
- Please discuss your logistics management style
- Tell us a story about when you used the Six Sigma Techniques (or similar) to improve your workflow
- What challenges might you predict for a role like this in a modern-day, fully remote workplace (including but not limited to COVID-19)?
Please mention that you come from RemoteJobs
when applying for this job.