About the job
As Lead UX Designer at Follow Up Boss, you will be 100% customer focused, in understanding their needs and problems, in an effort to provide elegant and simple solutions that delight our customers. You'll create products that are not only amazing to look at, but intuitive, simple, and help our customers achieve their goals every day. You will protect the quality of the user experience as we develop the product to ensure we deliver a referable experience to every customer. You will own and collaborate in creating and driving the creative vision at Follow Up Boss.
- We’re a bootstrapped, profitable company started back in April of 2011.
- We're fully remote and have been since day 1.
- We don’t just claim to be customer-centric - we live it.
- Opportunity to have a big impact on our growth and your career
- No red tape or pointless meetings
- Competitive base salary - top 10% in US; for this position the range is $160K - $171K
- Strong benefit package including a 401k with 6% match, health/dental/vision insurance for you and our family, funding for continuing education, paid parental leave, kindle + unlimited books, home office setup, company meetups, and 20 PTO + 10 sick days
- Solve challenging problems and put your skills to the test every day.
- See a direct impact of your work and value you created for customers.
- Provide direct input on technical and non-technical decisions. Your opinion matters.
- Creative leader who excels in communicating visually, verbally and in the written word.
- Track record for having deep understanding of SaaS products, their customers, and complex problems.
- Ability to clearly articulate UX/UI decisions and why they are best for a given problem.
- Doesn't fall in love with particular solutions, but rather the problems and understanding them well.
- You would describe yourself as patient, empathetic and having a good sense of humor.
- You’re independent, self-motivated and can stay efficient and productive without someone looking over your shoulder all day long.
- Experience working primarily in a remote setting.
Self motivated and proactive mindset.
Remote work experience is required.
Based in the USA, with a quiet home office with fast internet.
- 8+ years of UX design experience with SaaS products and the web.
- Strong experience leading or managing a design team.
- You will start off being the primary contributor in this realm, translating requirements into low fidelity solutions for the engineering and product teams and collaborating with UI Designers to ensure the right UX outcome.
- Strong experience achieving a holistically simple, enjoyable user experience for a SaaS product.
- Strong experience in planning, documenting, and leading design and research projects and achieving good outcomes.
- Deep experience with UX best practices and research.
- Experience with UI best practices.
- Highly proficient in modern design/prototyping tools (e.g. Figma)
- Strong written communication
- You will be the starting as the sole UX designer. You will be primarily serving as the main contributor in this realm as we build an internal design team.
- Manage outside designers we are currently leveraging to assist with execution
- Help hire and onboard talented staff as we seek to build a design team internally.
- Lead creative pitches and assist in building design language.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to define creative vision and direction.
- Review existing design systems and processes to identify problems and improvements.
- Talk with our customers and research best UX solutions for their needs.
- Create and improve upon a range of design artifacts, such as creative pitches, low fidelity mock-ups, and prototypes.
- Solve complex user and business problems using design thinking.
- Ensure the quality and consistency of the product and design decisions.
- Work with product and engineering to foster innovation, ensure feasibility and fidelity of implementation.
- Coach and mentor other staff members.
In the first 90 days, your goal is to lay a good foundation of understanding as to how our product and team work here at Follow Up Boss. Additionally you will immediately start contributing to improving design within ongoing and upcoming projects.
- Why customers hire us: Learn the core needs and problems we solve for our customers as well as what our existing competitors we compete with.
- Team relationships: Get to know the people and teams here at Follow Up Boss. This includes pairing with our Success, Support, and Sales team on customer calls as well as virtually meeting everyone else here.
- Understand how we work: Get to know the processes on how we build product & operationally support it here at Follow Up Boss. This includes working with Success & Support teams in identifying insights and triaging issues as well as working with the Shapeup framework to build, test & deliver Product with Engineering.
- Get your hands dirty with more immediate design needs. Some examples include: appointment scheduler UX for desktop and mobile; improving texting UX in the mobile apps; rethinking the UX of our reporting screens.
- Ensure the quality of design: Be part of design review process to ensure the implementations by engineering are up to a first class bar.
- Collaborate with the team in research and design phases of key product initiatives.
- Start identifying the UX design gaps in our product.
- Continued execution for UX design needs for the product.
- Start prioritizing the over arching UX design needs in our product.
- Start to formulate a more holistic UX design vision for our mobile apps.
- Continued execution for UX design needs for the product
Why Follow up Boss?
❤️ This is us
🏝 Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like!
💰 Competitive salary: Our career framework pays in the top 10% no matter where you live.
👩🏾⚕️ Insurance: Company paid health, dental & vision insurance for all of our team members and their families.
🍼 Family leave: generous family leave - fully paid!
💻 Home office setup: Get a Macbook Pro + $1000 to set up your home office.
👩🏻🏫 Personal development stipend: $1000 per year to focus on bettering yourself.
🤑 401(k): With 6% company match!
✈️ Retreats: Join us for company get-togethers every year!
☕️ Co-working stipend: Get some extra cash for a co-working space or a coffee shop work.
📚 Free books and Kindle: Get a free Kindle and all the free books - digital and audio - you like, anytime.
💪 Gym: Monthly stipend to keep you active and feeling good.
☕️ Money each month to spend on caffeine.
Apply for the job
If you’re thinking: “This is totally me!” then be sure to apply below.
To ensure that you’ve read the entire job description, please sneak the word BOSS before your time zone [ex. BOSS located in EST] in your first question response.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Please mention that you come from RemoteJobs
when applying for this job.