Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals. Degreed exists to discover, empower and recognize the next generation of the world's expertise.
We are looking for a back-end or full stack developer who is passionate about architecting and implementing scalable systems to join our team. This position requires the successful candidate to work in the Netherlands. Applicants must have and provide Degreed (prior to commencing work) with his/her authorization to work in the Netherlands.
Day in the Life
- You will architect and develop various services and APIs for the Degreed product
- Use SOLID principles in creating maintainable and high quality code
- Collaborate with product owners to ensure features/changes meet business requirements and fulfill the Degreed strategy
- Work closely with designers, UX, and other developers to gain understanding of new features, dependencies, and technical details
- You will learn, grow professionally, contribute to an amazing team, and play a key role in fueling a massive change in learning and learning recognition
- Other duties as assigned
Who You Are
- 4+ years of experience in Backend development using statically typed languages and web frameworks (C# & ASP.NET)
- Experienced developing/architecting RESTful APIs
- You are comfortable creating highly scalable systems and frameworks
- Possess strong communication, collaboration, and documentation skills
- Solution driven with ability to understand the big picture
- You are a lifelong learner and passionate about learning new things and taking on new challenges
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work autonomously with minimal direction
- Experienced working remotely
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Degreed is a remote-first company, however our roles are open to in-office or flex work if you live in a city with a physical office location (when it is safe to return to the office). This role has the opportunity to operate 100% virtually from your home office. We primarily collaborate with our US and International colleagues through virtual meetings (Zoom), email, and Slack. In this role, you will be required to operate a lap computer (PC or Mac available), computer software platforms, and other office productivity machinery as necessary. Due to the nature of this role, you must be able to remain stationary for extended periods, and must be able to observe and interpret written and/or verbal communication.
Degreed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Degreed will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Degreed uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Please mention that you come from RemoteJobs
when applying for this job.