Position Overview: Catch Co. is looking for an experienced Sr. Buyer - Fishing to join our team. The mission of this role is to strategically grow our overall fishing business as well as lead and develop junior buyers.
What you will do:
- Build and maintain profitable relationships with suppliers and execute negotiations to secure best pricing/programs
- Set goals and expand our core fishing categories, including identifying white space and current gaps in assortment and sourcing vendors and items to fill them
- Identify and implement process improvements as needed
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive business goals (including: marketing, operations, product development, data, and finance teams)
- Analyze data to identify opportunities to improve profitability and velocity of existing assortment and categories
- Maintain industry expertise on fishing products and trends in the market
- Manage and develop a team of buyers, providing feedback, coaching, and buying expertise.
What experience you need:
- 5+ years of buying experience, preferably in the fishing industry
- Demonstrated experience building a business or delivering against set goals in a fast and rapidly evolving environment
- Experience creating and executing against category plans
- Ability to find answers through data and strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to negotiate and build meaningful relationships
- Bachelor's degree
- Preferred experience managing a team of buyers for an omnichannel business model in the fishing industry
What will make you successful:
- Passion for providing coaching and mentorship
- Analytical and process-oriented mentality
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strategic approach to problem solving
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Efficient workstyle
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
#happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- "Take what you need" paid time off (PTO) policy
- 11 paid holidays yearly
- Fully distributed team (most employees may work from anywhere in the continental United States!)
- Flexible working schedule
- Two week-long company retreats per year
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance - we cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG)
- Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- Employee discount program
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl's Club membership, $100 of store credit and free swag
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Please mention that you come from RemoteJobs
when applying for this job.